Monday, April 7, 2014

Spring is here!

Soft green hue of leaf unfurling, delicate colours of early flowers, clear water reflecting sky and trees.

The flow of life seduces us, we feel new energy and are ready for new projects.  It's an expansive time, and all things seem possible.  We have the opportunity to create the life we want, particularly if we use our imagination and stay true to a vision that is beyond just what we would like for ourselves.

I've just returned from a month in India.  A yoga retreat in the foothills of the Himalayas has strengthened my resolve to spend more of my time practising yoga and meditation.  The thrilling pilgrimage that I made to many sacred sites - Buddhist, Hindu, Jain and Moslem -  has enriched my understanding of different religious traditions.

Coming home in springtime is a delight.  I marvel at the freshness after the heat and dust, and feel gratitude for the many blessings in my life.

Now I'm ready to embark on my new writing project.  I will have to be disciplined as I have only nine months to complete my new book.  But I recognize that it is also a privilege to spend my time in this way, as well as tending my garden.  One activity perfectly balances the other.

I hope all my friends and acquaintances feel the excitement of new possibilities this springtime.  May any challenges you face be opportunities to learn and grow, and may peace and harmony surround you.

PS  For those of you who haven't followed my mini-travelogue on Facebook, here's the link for the 6-minute video of my trip, put together by my friend Colin Stump -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBu8wdmzruo&feature=youtu.be

No comments:

Post a Comment